You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support Engineer
My leading Managed Services client is looking for an engineer to provide cover for the onsite engineers at various client sites in the South East. This role will encompass a broad range of duties which will include, but is not exclusive to, Helpdesk / 1st line work such as call-logging, 2nd line fixing such as troubleshooting desktop / hardware (PC, laptop and printer) and potentially maintaining a server estate in a data centre environment. Equally, as a cover engineer, you may be the sole person onsite and/or part of a customer team.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems in person and via phone.
• Answer phone calls and log accurately into customer’s call logging system.
• Troubleshoot Desktop, Laptops and Printer problems, Hardware and Software
• Investigate and resolve incidents in accordance with SLAs.
• Be expected to patch users and communications room as and when required.
• Adapt to the varying customer environments and cultures, along with their in-house processes.
Knowledge and Skills;
• Microsoft Windows desktop O/S
• Microsoft Office 2016/2010/2007/2003.
• Microsoft Outlook 2016/2010/2007/2003.
• Structured Call Logging System
• Desktop/Laptop Hardware
• HP printers (Network server setup and configuration).
• Multifunctional Devices
• Bighand (Digital Dictation)
• Interwoven FileSite or DM5 (Document Management System)
• Mobiles, Tablets & BYOD’s
• BES experience
• Data Centre environment (HDD swaps / alerts / patching)
• Support of large user base on-site and remotely.
• Document and communicate resolutions for future reference.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes
• Site or Field Engineering experience
• MCDST or MCSA
• At least 2 years experience in similar environment or as a field engineer
• Full clean driving licence
• Flexibility regarding shifts (generally 7-8 hrs 07:00 – 19:00)
• Thorough, demonstrates attention to detail
• Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
• Organised and able to identify and prioritise work.
• Able to work well to aggressive and pressurised deadlines.
• Fluent English both written and spoken
• Ability to liaise with different levels of people
• Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
• Good clear telephone manner
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Jackson Green Recruitment Ltd
The job: has been sent to: