You can save this job and apply at a later date.
2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Our client, an established telecommunications company, are looking for a 2nd line IT support Engineer to join one of their customers in financial services. The company offers interesting work, career progression and a fantastic working environment.
2nd Line IT Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- To replace desktops, laptops and monitors as like for like and enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
- Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
- Perform AV support for meeting rooms and video conferencing equipment
- To perform IMAC activities
- Complete all allocated calls and maintain regular contact with call scheduler
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
- Provide Smart Hands support as required
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Provide an on-call service for all England Bank Holidays excluding New Year’s Day and Christmas Day.
- Provide a weekly (on rota) out of hours on-call service for Network “Smart Hands” Support
The office is based in central London and this is a permanent opportunity.
2nd Line IT Support Engineer Requirements:
- Relevant IT experience working within banking, financial services, insurance or similar.
- Windows OS literate
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
- Experience with Active Directory (not essential)
- Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with Network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Good troubleshooting skills
If you are interested in discussing further, please click apply now.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible on our website Planet Forward
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Planet Forward Ltd
The job: has been sent to: