Sword propels organisations on their data driven journey; where decisions are based on facts, metrics are used to motivate, data is openly shared, and trust and transparency are prioritised above all else.
Sword Ping Network Solutions are looking to appoint a Senior Network Engineer to provide a key role supporting our clients across various sectors. The role will be based on a flexible working model however working on client sites periodically will also be a requirement of this role.
We are seeking someone with exceptional technical and troubleshooting skills covering a wide range of technologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Cisco Products and be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to troubleshooting.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be able to take ownership of problems to ensure the necessary steps are taken to diagnose and troubleshoot issues through to resolution.
- Provide expert level support to all clients and act as an internal point of escalation for all support related incidents
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of all network and security related incidents
- Change management and risk assessment for all managed service clients
- Implementation of changes across all managed service clients
- Aid with project engineering as and when required
- Input into policy and procedures and ensure documentation is kept up to date and to a high standard
- Vendor escalation and case management
- Assisting the Technical Services Manager with creation of major incident reports, service reports and root cause analysis
- Performing regular maintenance and patching of managed service clients network and security systems
- Identifying and suggesting service improvements
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Participating in the on-call rota
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in a similar role or field based / consulting role
- CCNP Certification would be desirable
- Driving License is essential for the role as the role may involve travel
- You will be required to pass the Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV) Security Clearance as set by Warwickshire Police
- Experience of troubleshooting complex enterprise networks and associated technologies
- Knowledge of Wide Area Networking technologies and associated routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP is essential to this role
- Experience of using tools such as Wireshark and other troubleshooting tools is essential to this role
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting the following technologies and platforms is essential
- Cisco ISR and ASR Routers
- Expert knowledge Cisco ASA Firewalls and Cisco FirePOWER / Threat Defence
- Expert knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Switching and associated technologies such as VTP, STP, VSS
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting the following would be beneficial but not essential
- Cisco Wireless Technologies Including Meraki and Cisco Controller Based products
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
Our colleagues benefit from great working environments and the opportunity to work alongside experienced, motivated and talented colleagues.
All members of the Sword Network Solutions team are supported and encouraged to develop their career with Sword alongside a competitive salary, pension and healthcare package.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.