Sword is a leader in data insights, digital transformation, and technology services with a substantial reputation in software development, complex business IT projects and mission critical operations. With over 2,500 Technology, Digital & Software specialists working globally, we unlock solutions to the most critical business technology challenges.
Our UK Professional Services team bring deep expertise and develop innovative solutions to deliver outcomes for our customers. The newly created role of Technical Lead has responsibility for the technical strategy within our Professional Services Business Unit, this will further support our ability to create long-lasting relationships with our clients and the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to shape the way our business responds to our client’s needs.
- Technically Lead the Business unit, shaping Technical Strategy
- Provide technical leadership to Practice Leads, Consultants and Technologists
- Champion group culture with all staff, customers, partners and suppliers to create and enhance awareness and appreciation of the company brand
- Building and motivating teams, creating opportunity for development within their roles
- Work with the sales team to support technical pre-sales and demonstrate the company’s capability resulting in an increased win rate
- Administer line management of assigned staff, to maximize their career development potential
- Engage in strategic consultancy in areas of expertise to facilitate successful completion of complex Projects
- Develop & Lead the overall technical strategy of the Business Unit, informing and aligning with Group CTO’s Strategy
- Review and Approve technical estimation and solutions as authority on pre-sales
- This is a key leadership role, reporting to the Business Unit Director and as such you will bring well developed leadership skills and a desire to support our Leadership Team and the growth and development of our Technical Practices.
- To be successful in this role we envisage that you will be commercially astute with the ability to make key strategic decisions with a focus on delivering the best-in-class customer service that our long-standing customers expect from Sword Group.
- You will have demonstrable technical experience coupled with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the Consultancy Service model, including the relevant sales cycle and have strong experience in orchestrating technically broad responses to customer requirements.
- You will have a strong understanding of the Project Lifecycles relevant to Consultancy within technology.
Our team culture is based on building inclusive teams, investing in training and development, the quality of our interactions with our customers and our position as an employer of choice in the areas in which we operate.
All Sword colleagues are supported and encouraged to develop their career with Sword through our personal training and development plan alongside a competitive salary, pension, private healthcare and employee assistance programme.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.