IT Support Analyst - Lead - Hybrid but Edinburgh must be commutable.
You will be an important key member of the company supporting people to deliver our services to a high standard for quality.
You will be working mainly with on premises systems face challenges to deliver the best possible solution to our staff.
You will play a key part in contributing to the continuous improvement and optimalisation of our infrastructure.
You will have an opportunity to join several benefit schemes operated by the company.
- Act as primary contact for technical incidents raised by staff
- Plan, implement and document changes in the existing IT infrastructure
- Find root causes and resolve problems in the IT environment
- Maintain the day-to-day operation of IT systems.
- Execute daily routine checks
- Proactively monitor any potential issues with the systems
- Find improvement and automation opportunities
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- The drive to deliver improvements
- IT Security oriented IT Admin point of view
- Experience in working with computer hardware (desktops, laptops, servers, network equipment)
- Linux experience would be highly desirable
- Windows Server administration (Active Directory, Clustering, Files hare, Print server)
- Windows Desktop administration
- Experience with virtualisation environments (VMWare ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Support experience with SAN and NAS devices
- Support experience with backup solutions (Veritas)
- Cisco switch administration (basic skills)
You must a UK resident ideally with a valid full UK drivers licences, as occasionally travel to branch offices to Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow may be needed.
The positions is based in our Birmingham office, due to the IT setup working from home is not a possibility, flexible working hours are possible if required.
Due to the nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information you will be required to complete security vetting to SC level(need to be UK resident for 5 years minimum, no convictions or criminal charges).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.