This is a new opportunity for a Senior Analog IC Design Engineer to join a solid and growing Semiconductor company based in Edinburgh working on power conversion technologies, you will be part of a collaborative team developing high-performance mixed-signal integrated circuits, including innovative power converters and other circuitry in advanced CMOS processes. You will play a meaningful role in developing next-generation devices and ensuring that leading consumer electronics manufacturers can easily integrate our devices into their products. It represents a great opportunity to work in an environment focused on innovation where you will be inspired by the best in their field and have the chance to work on cutting-edge projects.
- Modelling and development of advanced power conversion solutions from specification through concept, architecture, design integration into high-performance mixed-signal IC's.
- Transistor level implementation of the design.
- Leading all aspects of layout implementation and performing post-layout simulations and optimisation.
- Hands-on lab evaluation of silicon and debug.
- Supporting post-silicon activities including product validation, characterisation, and production test.Masters or PhD qualified in Electronic Engineering or Microelectronics, you will have relevant experience in Analog/ Mixed signal with experience in some or all of the following:
- Deep understanding of the Analog design flow steps including architecture, design, and design integration.
- Understanding of high-level modelling tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Simplis, LTSpice or similar.
- Expertise in power conversion architectures, transistor-level design, and simulation.
- Understanding of control theory for power conversion solutions.
- Proven hands-on experience in design of inductive and/ or capacitive power converters.
- Hands-on lab test/ debug experience with scopes, logic analyzers, and other lab equipment.
- Understanding of device physics, device parasitics and basic ESD/ Latchup protection.
- Experience in products for the automotive market and understanding of the safety requirements will be considered as a plus.Excellent communication skills are required with the ability to work well in a team and thrive in a dynamic environment. You will be organised, thorough and detailed with a high level of self-motivation, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent benefits are on offer plus the chance to join a well-established team with strong retention rates, working on advanced technology in one of the main semiconductor hubs of the UK. Visa sponsorship is available for the right candidate and hybrid working is also available following 2+ day in-office work schedule
Contact Leon Morrison today to apply and find out more.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.