Senior MI Business Analyst/ Project Manager
Our Client is a bank based in the City and are looking to recruit a Senior MI Business Analyst with Project Management skills. You will have at least 6 to 10 years proven hands-on expertise.
Focus of the role:
• Help the organisation (Senior Management and SMEs) to review business and financial performance of the organisation based on data and facts, advance understanding of the business success factors, business results and risks.
• Develop technical and business solutions for MI, enable effective data management and sourcing of the data for MI, reporting and project activities.
• Interact with vendors, Project teams and Development team in London and other sites to align delivery of the MI and sourcing of the data across business functions and entities.
• Develop MI and Reports predominantly for the business functions and SMEs, based on their requirements and expressed needs. Interact with other information workers (in business and finance teams) to ensure the data produced by those are sync'ed and "tells same story".
• Ensure the overall strategy of the data management within the Bank, guard and rationalise development or new data sources for MI purposes, align business and technical understanding of the available data with the requirements.
• Facilitate and lead enhancements of the available data sources that would assist the organisational performance and guide the organisation in effort to optimise and automate business processes to collect and use data for reporting and MI purposes.
• Working with team members and Subject Matter Experts or SMEs on identifying, designing, building, and performing analytics to provide risks and controls insights to business partners & Internal Audit
• Document business MI Solutions to ensure this knowledge is retained within the organisation, interact with operational and technology management regarding access, processing, reporting, and integrity of source systems and data repositories, to educate them on data available to in organisation, how the data could be used.
• Influence the technical team and the business to ensure the technical environment address current and aligned with future business needs and organisational skills.
o Advance SQL querying skills, ability to write complex SSRS formulas
o In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server and experience to deliver MI and reporting solutions using the entire spectrum of the MI solutions (SSIS, SSRS, Power BI) ideally on early versions (2013/ 2016) and assist the organisation to migrate to later versions.
o Exposure and high-level understanding of the SSAS and MDX language (although the organisation currently does not use OLAP).
o Good exposure to PowerBI and advance knowledge of DAX (query language) and data modelling using this tool.
o Good working knowledge of Excel capability, use of the reporting purposes, and formulas; desired VBA skills to optimise the data presentation.
o Ideally, working knowledge of Hyperion/ Essbase.
o Working knowledge of SharePoint and its use to manage the MI, automate MI and reporting workflow, information and report distribution.
o Good working practice designing data collections by using Kimball methodology.
o Practical understanding of the Data Visualisation techniques and principles.
o High-level understanding of the data management and its impact on organisation's bottom line.
o Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to understand the business requirements, link them to a business narrative and softly guide SME by delivering the requested MI.
o Some understanding of the architectural principles, Agile methodology to engage users and deliver business solutions.
o Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and narrative to business audience and non-technical teams.
This is a Full Time Contract - duration is 12 months.
Salary will be dependent upon experience and expertise - but will be in the range £60K - £75K.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.