.Net Software Engineer (Edinburgh)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a .Net Software Engineer, you work on large scale eCommerce/enterprise software development projects. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Contribute to development using good knowledge in .Net core
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment adopting Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
- Works in a collaborative development team
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Experience in .Net and at least one other framework or language
- Knowledge of some technologies such as C#, MVC, , JQuery, KnockOut or SQL Server 2008.
- The ability to facilitate problem solving and work as a team to make them a reality
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment where your ideas and opinions are valued and respected.
It’s helpful if you also have:
- TDD/BDD/XP Software development experience
- Agile software delivery experience
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.