Front End AngularJS Developer required to come on board and work with one of our retail client's Commerce sites
This role will offer flexibility to work from home with some office/client visits if required.
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for eCommerce websites
- Build modular layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Forward thinking, focused on performance initiatives and driven to implement headless solutions
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Wunderman Thompson Commerce coding standards
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win – we win!
We need you to be really great at:
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role at a software house and/or an eCommerce company and has the following skills:
- Commercial Experience with a Type Checking language either Flow or TypeScript (we use TypeScript)
- Commercial experience of unit testing/Integration/end-to-end testing (we use Jest, React-testing-libraries and Cypress)
- Experience of using CSS pre-processors, CSS-in-JS (we use SASS and styled components)
- Solid understanding of the Agile methodology i.e. Story point estimation, refinement, sprint planning, retrospective, sprint demos
- Commercial experience of using version control tooling (GIT) in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Good understanding/awareness of Accessibility, SEO Principles, Security, Performance best practices
- A desire to write readable, maintainable, modular and extendable code
- Experience in bringing multiple viewport responsive and adaptive web designs to life
- The candidate has to have good communication skills and capability to interact directly with the wider team (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
If you know any of this even better
- Knowledge of Node and NextJS
- Experience with content management platforms such as AEM
- Commercial experience in at least one JS framework eg React/Angular/Vue.JS
- Commercial experience of working with ecommerce JSP integration
- Additional Commercial eCommerce platform experience – Magento/Hybris /Shopify
- Experience of working on Java/Node/C#/PHP projects would be extremely advantageous
- Commercial experience in building headless solutions
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.
How? By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Bosch, DFS, Johnson & Johnson, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Shell, Specialized, Tempur and Tiffany & Co.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win – we win.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.