Job alerts help
Other help topics
Job Alerts Help
Job Alerts are emails (Jobs by Email) that let you know when new jobs are posted onto IT Jobs.
IT Jobs will create your first job alert for you when you register based upon the information you have supplied us with. You will receive an email advising what the system has created for you. If you are happy with the alert, you will need to confirm so via the email you receive
You can also create new alerts at any time by:
- Going to the IT Jobs website and logging in to your Candidate account. Go to Job Alerts and fill in the blank fields within the 'create new alert' page that loads.
- You can also search for jobs on the site and click 'Get the latest jobs with Job Alerts' button in the top right hand corner of the results page.
- If you are using the IT Jobs job search app, run a search and tap the white bell on the results page. The bell will turn green which is confirmation that your alert has been created
On IT Jobs, go to your Job Alerts area and scroll down until you find the alert you want to change. Click on 'modify alert' to make the changes.
When a new role is posted that matches your criteria, you will be sent a job alert. This can happen as often as daily. We check for new matches each day and will deliver these to you accordingly.
Please note if there are no adverts that match your criteria on a particular day, you will not get Job Alerts from IT Jobs.
On IT Jobs, go to your Job Alerts area and scroll down until you find the alert you want to deactivate. Click on the green toggle in the top right hand corner of the alert. This will change to red and your alert will be deactivated.
On IT Jobs, go to Job Alerts and set the toggle to 'off'.
You may receive some jobs that are not of any interest to you. We advise you modify your keywords and/or industry selection until you are receiving the most relevant jobs.
We also recommend using the Boolean search method when setting up job alerts.
Yes. Log in to your account and go to the Modify CV page. You then need to change the 'email address' field.
If you are using the IT Jobs Job Search App, login to your account and click ‘more’ in the bottom corner. Then you can choose ‘My CV and Profile’ from the menu that becomes available. You then have two headers, click on ‘Profile’. Once you have clicked this, an edit icon becomes available under the heading. You can then change the ‘email address’ field.
Please note: This will also change your login email address.
- Email: All alerts default to this delivery method. We will send you job matches to the email address you have registered with IT Jobs.
- Push Notification: You must Download our app to get these
For each, use the 'on/off' toggles on the Job Alerts page to choose how we send alerts to you.
Job Alerts is the umbrella term for Jobs by Email and Saved Searches on our app. We introduced the term Job Alerts to better represent the delivery methods we offer.
You can contact us via the Contact page
Learn more about push notifications and how to enable or disable them under the technical queries.